Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Week Two - Day Three


Remember on my first day I talked about rewarding myself when I reached a "goal" but I did not know what that goal would be? I would like to think it would be in pounds lost, but instead I have decided it will be Valentine's Day. On the 13th Captain is taking me to dinner at The Old Firehouse in Old Sacramento and it will be a luxurious meal. So that will be my splurge and reward. I am looking forward to it. But just because I'm rewarding myself doesn't mean I will be eating like a pig all day, just for that one meal. 

On Valentine's Day we are going to Mt. Vernon Vineyards where they are having an evening event with appetizers and barrel tasting. Of course there will also be wine. This girl is happy she can have a glass of wine and still stay on track. Last time we went to one of these events it was great and I know there are options for me with their appetizers. 
It's going to be a good year!
Wednesday morning started off with Captain and I having a cup of coffee, but he was a man on a mission. We heard of a new bagel shop that had just opened up and he wanted to try it. I was concerned because I didn't know if they would have anything for me. We didn't have an exact address, so we cruised. Well, we didn't find the bagel shop so we went to Linda's, which is a 50's style diner. We both had ham and eggs, but I did not order toast and I didn't eat my hash browns. Success on my first meal of the day! 


Then it was off to New Earth grocery store so I could buy some golden flax seed flour. I'm very excited to try crispy baked green bean fries and a different peanut butter cookie recipe. Well, actually it's an almond butter cookie recipe, but any nut butter will work! Would you like the recipe?

Low Carb Almond Butter Cookies 

1 cup Almond butter (I used crunchy)
1 cup Stevia (or sweetener of choice)
1 Egg
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 tbsp. Coconut flour

Blend all ingredients together in mixer.  Form into walnut sized balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a fork to flatten the balls in a crisscross pattern.  Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.  Yields 12 cookies

Don't they look divine???
When I got home I mixed up my cheese for those jalapeno poppers that I have been promising myself.  Into the oven they went late in the afternoon. And can I just say O...M...G... Yum!!! They were amazing!

OmNomNomNomNom!!!!!
I don't know what I ever did before these bad boys came into my life!

And that was my dinner for tonight. I ate 4 of them.  I also snacked on some broccoli and pea pods for a little freshness in my life.  Did I mention that I am also taking my vitamins, iron and vitamin D, too? Yep, need to cover my bases.

So that is my day. It has come to an end.  Remember,







As for me, I am taking this one day at a time. 

~Lin…

No comments:

Post a Comment