Friday, February 21, 2014

Week Four - Day Five: Birthdays!

Today is my son's 34th birthday. Yes, I am way too young to have a son that old, but I do! 

This is Jon! Isn't he handsome?
Don't tell anyone, but I also have a son who will be 40 in September and a daughter who will be 28 in March. If you do the math you will see I was on the 6-year plan. It worked for me because the oldest started school before I had the next baby; so I got to enjoy each one of them individually. And I wouldn't have it any other way!


Cheryl planned the party today with just family. She let me know Wednesday night that she would be doing this and I asked her what she wanted me to bring. "You always come up with good stuff!" So I set about checking my Snacks Pinterest board

I came across two recipes that I wanted to make. The first was Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar and Butter. Don't they look amazing? And they tasted just as good!

Bacon wrapped smokies. pickles, chips, guacamole, salsa, cheese n crackers, nut snacks, and...
The other recipe I made was Trisha Yearwood's Hot Corn Dip. It was really yummy, too! I doubled the recipe and shouldn't have. 

Corn dip, fruit, cheeses, burgers and toppings, coleslaw, baked beans, and...
Cheryl made a root beer cake. It was tasty and different. But serving it with vanilla ice cream really gave you the feeling of having a root beer float!

One of the dogs (we think it was Sophia) got on the coffee table and licked the frosting off that corner! 
Anyhow, I did waiver today. Not as badly as I could have, or have done in the past. I really didn't eat hardly anything today until I got over to their house around 3:30 this afternoon. Partially because I was cooking, and partly because I just was not hungry.

What I ate was a few chips with guacamole, those evil bacon wrapped smokies, a little bit of my corn dip with a few fritos; and then dinner consisted of a burger with cheese (no bread), a serving of baked beans, and a small serving of coleslaw. 

We visited, played games...

We love Catch Phrase!
...and then brought out the cake. After singing "Happy Birthday" and blowing out candles, the cake was cut. Everyone ate theirs with Breyer's Natural Vanilla Ice Cream. I ate almost 1/2 of my piece and a couple bites of the ice cream. 

All in all I feel it was a successful day because I am not eating as much when I do waiver, and I have not felt deprived in the least on my modified Atkins plan. 

Now all I have to do is get thru the next two birthdays (Cheryl on the 23rd and Captain's on the 24th). Fortunately the other birthday on the 25th is out of town so we probably won't celebrate with them.

I'm surrounded by fish!
That is my day. I will be cautious tomorrow. Hmmmmm... Maybe February was not a good month to make lifestyle changes. but it has to begin somewhere.

'Night, all!














No comments:

Post a Comment