Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Week Five - Day Two: The Cold Continues... Ugh!

Yes, the cold continues.  No, not that "I'm freezing to death... I can't get out of my house because the snow is 8 feet deep... It's the polar vortex..." cold. Just a plain old head cold. Last time I thought I was sick (remember just a couple weeks ago?) it was really food poisoning.

Problem? I don't really feel like eating, and it's really hard to eat what you're supposed to and stay on track. Trying... to... stay... 100%... on... track...

For instance, this morning I ate 2 of my peanut butter cookies so I could take my meds. Later I was kind of hungry so I cooked a bit of sausage and one egg.  So far, not too bad.

Sausage patty, slice of cheese, and a poached egg.
Poaching in the same pan as the sausage was fried in adds extra flavor!
Love that runny yolk!

Unfortunately I wasn't as hungry as I thought, so I almost ate half and Maddie got the rest.

Speaking of Maddie, isn't this the most pathetic thing you've seen? I was laying in bed and she decided she wanted under the covers and then proceeded to lay down on my chest and poked her head out. I could not resist snapping this pic!


And now back to whining about my day.  (Maybe I should be "wining" instead!)

Dutcher Creek Vineyards in Healdsburg. All wine, no whine. :)
Later in the day I had some leftover chicken wings.  Actually 1 1/2 chicken wings to be exact. What I really wanted was that can of soup and a big glass of orange juice that my daughter-in-law Cheryl brought over the night before and left hanging on my front door. She's a smart girl as she has 2 kids at home that don't need to be around extra germs as they are already exposed to enough at school!!! I resisted and finished my lunch with my peanut butter cookie. Those things are my saving grace, let me tell you!

And now...


I am embarrassed to say that I blew it. I was just having a pity party for myself and ate a handful of Fritos...


and that evil box of Sees Valentine's Day Candy. Two pieces. 



There are not enough words to express how frustrated I am with myself. All I can say is, thank goodness tomorrow is a new day and a chance to try it one more time. 

Have a beautiful night, my friends.

Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment