Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Week Five - Day Three: Another Day, Another Chance!


Today is a new day and another chance to continue on my path to weight loss. Here goes...

I really do need to do some grocery shopping but have not felt up to going. Tomorrow I will defintely go, but today I'm staying in because it's cold and rainy outside. I do have chicken, tuna, eggs, cheese, some green beans and salad makings that I can eat and still stay on plan. That is a good thing.

I have found something called Carbquik, which is a low carb version of Bisquik. There is only 2 net carbs per biscuit, which is awesome because Bisquik has 13 net carbs per biscuit. I have a recipe for Mexican Egg Bake which calls for flour and baking powder, so I can swap it out for the Carbquik. MMMmmm... I think I can buy it at New Earth Foods, but if not you can always buy it online. (Not my preference. I want instant gratification! Hahaha!)




While perusing the Carbquik website I came across an ad for a book called Fat Fast Cookbook: 50 Easy Recipes to Jump Start Your Low Carb Weight Loss. It's for low carbers who hit that weight loss plateau and helps get you going again. You can get it either paperback or Nook. I got it for my Nook. It's that instant gratification thing! And who knows, it just might contain the extra inspiration I need to keep focused. I will take the help wherever I can get it.



I really didn't have any breakfast today, but late afternoon came and I was kind of hungry! I had some rotisserie chicken and a bowl of veggies with ranch dressing. I also finished off my bunch of radishes. Gosh I love those crunchy, spicy bites of goodness. Best of all, it satisfied my hunger and I wasn't looking for something else to eat. Yeah!!!



Talk about inspiration?!? I was reading my new book (see above) and perusing all the yummy recipes I could eat on the one week fat fast (should I decide to do it). Remember, it's all about the carbs, or lack thereof, on this plan. There are recipes for cheesecakes, pumpkin custards, mac n cheese, and all carb free! Lots of eggs, lots of heavy cream, lots of cream cheese, and the noodles are called shirataki noodles, which have NO flour whatsoever, some are soy free, and very low in carbs! They also come in different styles, like macaroni, spaghetti, fettuccine, etc. 



Sorry for rambling. I'm just so excited to find different things that I can eat and that the days of the dull, boring diet food are going away.

Anyhooooo...  

So, knowing that I need to go grocery shopping, knowing that I don't have a lot of things in my fridge to choose from, and knowing how Ina Garten makes beautiful hard boiled eggs, I decided to make deviled eggs for dinner.  Plain? Yes. Tasty? You know it. 

And how does Ina Garten do it? Cover the eggs in cold water, put them on medium flame, bring to a boil, turn the stove off, cover the pot, and let them set for 13 minutes. Drain, cool and peel. Perfect hard boiled eggs every time.  Mash the yolks, add a little mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic and onion.  MMMmmm... Delish and filling.  Yes, I also had a small salad. It was not an "egg only" feast.



My day has come to an end and it has been a successful one. Surprisingly I didn't have any cravings like I did yesterday. Possibly because I feel a lot better than I did? We all know how comforting food can be. That's what it was like for yesterday. Those fritos hugged me. As did the Sees Candy, which has now been put away again.

In an effort to get a jump on my day tomorrow I took the rest of my rotisserie chicken and made chicken salad out of it. That will be my brunch. As for the rest of my day tomorrow, well, I'm not sure. Captain is coming up and we are having a belated birthday dinner as Pasquini's. 



MY GOAL!!! 














Good night, my friends! Thanks for hanging with me today!





...Lin...

No comments:

Post a Comment