Saturday, February 22, 2014

Week Four - Day Six: The Weekend is Here!


I am such a dork. I have repeated myself two days in a row.  As I was writing last night about Cheryl wanting me to make something I thought, this sounds familiar. It was because I had written it the day before also! Just proof that I am becoming a goober. And that blogging every day isn't as easy as one would think because events throughout the day may overlap into other days.

Today is another day back on track. Well, I can't really say "back on track" because I still have some disruptions in the next 3 days. So let's just say that for today I am sticking to my program. One day at a time!


I slept in a little bit this morning and it was wonderful. It was later than usual for my morning meds but I took them, then had to wait a half hour to eat something and then take my other meds. I had just a couple of those extra smokies I made yesterday. (They were the extra ones that wouldn't fit into the big casserole dish. Darn... ~giggle~)

I finally got hungry for a bit of brunch so I made a ham and cheese omelet. In retrospect it really isn't an omelet, although that was my intent; it is more like scrambled eggs with ham and cheese. I must have been hungrier than I realized because it was a two-egg "omelet" and I usually have only one egg. It was yummy and filling!

Tasty, indeed!
This afternoon I tried a third peanut butter cookie recipe. This one, by far, is my favorite. I didn't realize I bought crunchy peanut butter, so to compensate just a bit I added an extra tablespoon of smooth peanut butter. With the addition of the baking powder and baking soda it really makes them much lighter. I love them! This recipe is from Heart of the Country Home. As I've said before, this is a great website with lots of low carb options. 

Best one yet!
Tonight for dinner I had a piece of chicken breast left over from the other night, a small salad and the cheese crisps. Of course in heating up the oven I forgot that my Paula Deen pan with the silicone handles was in there, and that smell... Oy vey! It is one that I would prefer to never have to smell again. Even with the vent on high it is almost overwhelming.  Note: Learn from my mistakes! Hahaha!!!


And then as luck would have it, I overcooked my cheese crisps and had to start all over again. Can we say "epic fail?" Apparantly I'm not having a good night...

So on that note my day is officially over. It has been a great food day and I am pleased with myself.


Until tomorrow, my friends!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment