Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Week Three - Day Two: I am a woman on a mission!

Ever on the search for help in low carbing, I found this Facebook page called Low Carbing Among Friends. One of the chefs who contributes to it is George Stella. He used to weigh 467 lbs; then he lost 250 lbs. I've seen him both sizes. What an amazing accomplishment! His wife and sons also joined him in low carb eating and they all are now healthy weights (they were all overweight, too).

Chef Stella used to have a show on food network and I really enjoyed it; Low Carb & Loving It. So informative. Too bad it wasn't a success among mainstream viewers. But never fear! I have stumbled upon his website, so I am a happy girl!



I will take encouragement wherever I can find it!
Breakfast this morning was an omelet - a "leftover" omelet. I had a couple pieces of bacon and some leftover jalapeno popper filling, and that's what I used. Boy, was it good! It could have been a jalapeno popper omelet had I put in a few chilis! :)

So what was my craving of the day? Ghirardelli's milk chocolate and caramel. Yep, saw an ad for it on TV, and as soon as I saw it I thought, "Ooh, I still have those two Ghiradelli's candy bars Captain bought me!" No, I reigned in my urge. But I didn't want to.

If you've never had them, they're divine!!!

For dinner tonight I was wanting to try something a little bit different. So I made myself chicken nuggets. I had no idea how they would turn out coated in the flaxseed flour. They were good, I must say. Flaxseed flour has more texture than regular flour because of the hulls on the seed. On the upside, it makes a nice, crispy crust. On the downside, the hulls get caught in your teeth. The one thing I forgot to make was the ranch dip. But I will have it with leftovers tomorrow! By the way, the nuggets were not the only thing I ate; I also had a bowl of broccoli, carrots and sweet pea pods. So I am getting my veggies, too!


My day is pretty much over. I'm happy to say it has been successful. All that's left for me to do is take my vitamins. 

In the upcoming days I have challenges ahead of me with Valentine's activities. It will not be easy but I can at least be cautious. Like I said, I'm taking it one day at a time.


Thanks for hanging with me!

Wishing you sweet dreams and a beautiful tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment