Saturday, March 8, 2014

Week Six - Day Six: Lazin' on a sunny afternoon...

Yes, the weekend is here in full force! And the weather is just beautiful! What is it like where you live?

We decided to not do anything today. Being so tired from all the winetasting yesterday, and the cost to get into the Celtic Faire (which was ridiculous), it just wasn't worth it. It was going to cost $25 each to get in, and that didn't include the cost of anything else! Besides, we do have one closer to home next month. We can get a 2 day pass to the Sacramento Valley Scottish Games and Festival for less than what we would have paid in Sonora for one day. Besides, Captain gets to see all his friends who are still with the Sacramento Firefighters Pipes & Drums, which he used to be a part of until his injury sidelined him.


Clan Macleod of Lewis
I Shine, Not Burn
(That would be me!)
Since today will be a lazy day at home, I'm still trying to figure out what I will be doing. Breakfast was the chicken fried cauliflower.  I crisped up a big old batch of it in the frying pan. I have come to the conclusion I need to get a new non-stick skillet. PAM doesn't work real well, even with oil added.

I must say, this stuff tastes much better the day after. The flavors have melded and the cauliflower flavor has toned down. With that said, if you don't mind all the steps to make it, it's very good. But it's not conducive to cooking for one, which is what I do most of the time.



Today I am in one of those moods to eat everything in sight. Why do I have days like that? Do you? Please share your stories with me so I know I'm not the only one. And how do you handle it?


"You said to stuff it, so I did. Right into my pie hole!!!"
Remember the One Minute Bread I made that had the overwhelming amount of raw garlic in it? Well, I made them again today, only this time I tweaked the recipe to be a bit more mild. This is what I did:





Lin's 15 Minute Muffins

2 cup golden flaxseed meal 
4 tsp baking powder 
8 large whole eggs 
2 tbsp olive oil 
1 cup cheddar or colby cheese, shredded
1 finely diced green onion, both white and green parts
½ tsp dried thyme, crush in the palm of your hand to release the sleeping oils & flavor
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
½ tsp fresh cracked pepper, about 5-10 grinds, depending on how much you like


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Throw everything into a big bowl and mix until all ingredients are combined. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan well with PAM cooking spray. Put about 1/4 heaping cup of the batter into each muffin cup. (I use an ice cream scoop for this to make them uniform.) Bake for 15 minutes. Carefully remove from muffin pan and cool. Now, enjoy!


How did I do this time? 

I nailed it!
There is a ham and cheese sandwich in my future! :)


MMMmmm... Hammy, Swiss cheesy, mayonnaisey, dijony, opened faced yumminess! Yes, it's just as good as it looks. No deprivation here!

My daughter Megan told me about a blog, White House Black Shutters, and they have a 40 day challenge on cleaning up clutter. It's called 40 Bags in 40 Days. Basically the premise is to take one area, big or small, and declutter it, eventually throwing out (or maybe donating to a thrift store) one bag of clutter. I am going to do this, although I can't do it for 40 days straight as I will be out of town for about a week. I will eventually post my blog and let you know how I did.  


See, it's that accountablity thing again. I blog about my days focusing on my eating habits (and other things); now I will eventually share with you how I did with my decluttering.


Now, let's get back to that food thing, shall we?

As previously stated, breakfast was my chicken fried cauliflower "rice." (I've now started putting the word, rice, in parentheses because I'm over it! LOL!) Lunch was a ham and cheese sandwich made on those completely awesome muffins I made. MMMmmm... For dinner I made some meatballs, a salad, and a side of cucumbers and radishes.  The meatballs were actually made from a meatloaf mix I got at Tootle's Custom Cutting Butcher Shop. Their meats are so good, and as meatballs they were amazing! If you live close to me I would suggest you patronize them. You will not be sorry!


As I write, the day has ended. The sun has set and I am being serenaded by the frogs. It has been a good day. It has been a successful day. It has been an "I stayed on track!" day. I am grateful to all of you who follow me and give me courage to go on to the next day.




Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment