Thursday, March 20, 2014

Week Eight - Day Three & Four: Stress!!!

This is just going to be a quick update.Suffice it to say that the last two days have been lost "food" days. There is no "sticking to my routine," so my life is kind of turned upside down right now.



Dad came home from the hospital today. It was day 5 of his hospital stay. He is diagnosed with what they are calling "malignant hypertension." There is no cure, there is only control. Of course he thinks he's much tougher than he is, and wants to run the show, but his nurse and I reigned him in. He is on a new medication routine that is easy to follow, and that is very helpful. His blood pressure is down... for now...



Tomorrow and Saturday we will pack up the rest of the house. Sunday everything will get loaded into the moving van and Monday we are heading north.

No, not moving across country,
only across the state!

DIL Cheryl and I have found 4 different homes for them to look at. One is literally halfway between our houses, so it would be great. Mom thinks she needs to live in the Taj Mahal. I keep bringing her back to reality. At 89 years old you do not need a large house. Really, you don't.


That is my short and sweet update. Sorry it's not more enlightening, motivational, or interesting. For the next few days it will just be what it is.


In fact, now that I think about it, I might not be able to blog until I get home. They are canceling the internet tomorrow so I will not have a computer...

Thanks for listening to me whine. I will be back and the story will continue. And all will be well with the world. At least my world. I hope.

Have a beautiful night!

~Lin…

No comments:

Post a Comment