Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Week Nine - Day Three: Where do I begin?

Isn't that the opening line of the theme song from "Love Story?"


The parents got packed and moved; we all came north Monday. Tuesday we went house hunting. Tuesday night Mom is admitting she was wrong for not taking the house we found her a month ago, because now they have no place to live and it means unpacking into storage, packing back into a truck, and unpacking into a house. OMG...

Where do I begin... to tell you about the stress?

I am having to monitor Dad's blood pressure throughout the day. It is still high, but does not require additional medication. Mom is just mom, and although she is only taking one blood pressure med, she is on a fentynal patch for pain, which skews her thinking at times. 


As I have been completely off plan for a week, today I am trying to get back on track. Breakfast this morning was my Eggs Mexicana, made the regular way. 

Today I lined up three houses to look at, one of which sounded very promising. And guess what? They got the one they wanted, it is signed, sealed, and at noon tomorrow it will be delivered. It's about a mile from me, which is close enough to get there quickly but far enough away so they are not in my bubble.


After we found the house the parents were starving, so we went to lunch at Casa Carlos, their fav Mexican restaurant. They had enchiladas and all the fixin's, I had a chicken salad. It was really good! I did start snacking on chips and was not even aware of it! That's just eating out of habit, and I need to be more aware of what I'm eating.


After all the running around we did, I finally went to the grocery store and got dinner. I made a giant pot of chili. Lots and lots of meat, very little masa (maybe 2 tbsp) for thickening, and one can of beans. Mom loves beans. Me, not so much. I made it my way. ;)


So all in all, it's been a good day. A few missteps along the way, but what is important is I am getting back on track.


I am going to sign off now. Mom has gone to bed, I'm waiting to take Dad's blood pressure, and then I am going to crawl into bed and collapse. It has been one freaking busy day! It is good to be back with you and sharing my day. My love to you all!

Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment