Monday, March 10, 2014

Week Seven - Day One: Looking Back on Six Weeks...

It's Monday and it's a new week.  I think it's time to look back and do a little reflection - see where I was then and now.


I certainly have posted a lot of recipes, haven't I? Some of them I have made, some I have been saving until a special time. Some were successful, some not so much.

One of the most successful was my spin on the Lighter Lasagna Soup. One of the lest favorites was the Layered Mexican Casserole. 

I also find I'm not snacking as much as I used to. Remember those crispy chickpeas? The crispy green beans? I'm kind of over snacks and trying to focus more on meals. That's not to say I don't snack, because I certainly do, but it is not the focus that it once was when I was trying to figure out what it was I could snack on.



Now I realize that snacks can be something simple like dill pickles and olives, my peanut butter cookies, those ham and cheese roll-ups, or a can of peanuts. Well, not the whole can, but certainly a handful. I don't have to have something elaborate.


Now, how was my day, you ask?  It's been quiet, for sure. We got a little rain overnight and now we have a whole lot of sunshine. 

Breakfast was a Spanish omelet made in my new skillet. Two eggs, cheese, and fire roasted salsa. Tasty!


Lunch was leftovers of my soup. I still have two more servings and then I will be done with it. It's just as good reheated as it was the first day.

I was starting to get the munchies as the day wore on, but I resisted. It's difficult to have to time your eating to your meds. Ugh! But then I got a message from Megan...

Chili Cheese Fries from Samuel Horne Tavern in Folsom.
 And then I got this from her husband, Ryan...

The Johnny Cash Burger; applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, grilled onions.
My children are evil...

In an effort to stay strong I had two of my peanut butter cookies and a tall glass of my herbal peach tea. What would I do without them?

Finally dinner rolled around. I needed to cook the hamburger I bought the other day, so I tossed it in the pan, crumbled it up, and made taco meat out of it. My tortilla was a big fried cheese crisp. I ate like a pig! It was so good, and just as I took the last bite I realized I didn't get a picture of it.

Frying cheese is easy if you have a non-stick skillet. I just put about 1/2 cup cheese in the bottom of the skillet, even it out, set the pan on medium, and listen to it sizzle. Once it starts to brown on one side, flip it over and lightly brown the other side.

Now that you have done that, you can just eat it as is, fold it in half and use it as a tortilla, or cut it in wedges and use it as a chip for dip. It's amazing! And although these aren't mine, this is sort of what they look like. 


So that is all the excitement for the day. It's been another successful one for me, I am happy to say. I am debating on what I will do at The Happy Viking tomorrow, since it's Pint Night. But I will cross that bridge when I get to it.















I bid you good night and wish you sweet dreams.

Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment