Monday, May 12, 2014

Week Sixteen - Day Seven: My Mother's Day Weekend!


I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Mine lasted all weekend!
I have discovered over the last 3 months that it is OK to deviate, not feel guilty about it, and still continue to lose weight. I love it!

I knew that I was going to deviate this weekend, but I did not go overboard. I think that is the important thing. Sometimes when people "cheat" on their "diet," they tend to overdo and eat everything in sight because they have been deprived and don't know when they are going to get the "chance" to eat it again! I make an effort to not do that.


Friday was an early Mother's Day celebration at my son's house. It included my parents, Jon, Cheryl, my grandkids Erin (who is recovering quite nicely, thank you!) and Evan; and as a surprise, - Cheryl's mom Marylou and boyfriend Steve came for a visit to see Erin!

The puffiness is slowly going away!

They served brats and hot dogs, macaroni salad made with whole wheat pasta, homemade navy beans with ham, and various other snacks. I had brats, part of a bun, some macaroni salad and beans.  Pretty tasty!

But my big splurge that day was dessert. Banana splits!


No, they did not look like this. They were better! There were 4 kinds of ice cream, hot fudge, caramel, marshmallow, fruit toppings, nuts and whipped cream. Mine consisted of one scoop of black cherry vanilla ice cream, fruit, hot fudge, caramel and marshmallow toppings, nuts and whipped cream. I have to be careful eating ice cream, because, for whatever reason, it will be the one thing that almost always gives me the insulin dumping. I assure you, it is NOT a pleasant experience.

Friday was a success! And then we get to Saturday... The plan was to go winetasting and then to Megan & Ryan's, where I was going to spend the night.


We love to go to Amador for winetasting.  We went to Scott Harvey, Wine Tree Farm, and one tasting room that had multi-vintners. It was a lovely day, we got to try some lovely wines and best of all, we got some tasty hor d'oeuvres. We also went into Jackson where Captain patronized his favorite gift shop, The Celtic Knot.

Then I got a text message from Megan. "We are showing the house at 6 tonight!" No problem, we will come afterwards. "Why don't you come before and we will go out to dinner?" Hum... we can do that!


We went to a new place called Folsom Tap House. Great food, and the boys got their beers. Captain & I shared their pastrami sandwich. Megan & Ryan shared a chicken sandwich. Jalen shared our fries and ranch dip! I can tell you, that pastrami is one of the best I have ever had!

Winetasting, a lovely early Mother's Day dinner, and then I get to enjoy my youngest grandbaby for the rest of the evening. Awesome!


Sunday breakfast was at the Sutter Street Grill in Old Folsom. Fabulous and homemade food, we ate like pigs. Captain had dinner Sunday night from the leftovers! LOL!  I spent the better part of the day visiting, and then I went home.

I stopped at Jon & Cheryl's to drop off Cheryl's present. They were cooking dinner - beer butt chicken - and they invited me to stay for dinner.


Pretty dang good, I must say!

After that, I went to my parents' house to take Mom her present - a High Tea Luncheon at A Dash of Panache in Roseville. She is so excited! She has had high tea when vacationing in London, but that has been 30+ years.

Finally my weekend is done and I am back home.


I have been so blessed to have 3 wonderful kids, one of which lives in Southern California, so I didn't get to see him. That would be Eric! Even though he is not near, we did get to have a rather lengthy conversation. So all is well!

Monday will come soon enough when I get back to my low carb plan. For now I languish in the love of family and friends.I hope your day was just as awesome!

Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment