Monday, May 12, 2014

Week Seventeen - Day One: Remember With Joy!


Before I get started with my day I just want to share with you that, although this was a lovely Mother's Day weekend, it also came with the loss of one of my dearest friends. Her name was Lisa and we met in 1959. We were instant friends, and it was a friendship that has endured for 55 years.

She passed suddenly and unexpectedly after a brief yet fierce battle with sepsis and MERSA.

Her passing has left a giant hole in my heart. We were best friends, confidants, and "sisters," seeing each other through not only the good times, but the bad times.

Thank you for being my friend, Lisa.

I will always remember you with joy!


And because it is how Lisa would want it, I will continue with my day.

It's amazing how quick things can change metabolically.  Because I've been basically eating wheat free I have not had the itchy, dry patches that have plagued my thighs and stomach. Boy, 2 1/2 days of eating small amounts of wheat and I feel like I'm back at square one! What's up with that?

Also, cravings are back. Popcorn, of all things, has been on the top of my list today. I am happy to report that it has not really been difficult to resist.


Breakfast this morning was 3 slices of bacon and one egg. Lunch was my last 3 peanut butter cookies, which means I will now make my almond butter cookies! Woohoo! 

For dinner I tried a new #recipe. Artichoke Jalapeno Dip! You know, just like you get at Costco! I had mine with veggies instead of chips. Yum!!!


Doesn't this look delicious? Mine looked just like this, only her's is presented much more dramatically! Whatever you do, please use the Cara Mia brand artichokes. I have tried other brands and they just don't have a very good flavor.


Did I tell you how good it is?
MMMmmm... 
I was watching Good Morning, America! this morning and they were talking about a new book coning out tomorrow, The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet. I cannot wait to read it! People (i.e. health professionals) are trying to discount it, but I really feel that it depends on how your metabolism works and what is best for YOU! "People" assume that everyone will now go out and eat butter and bacon by the pound, but as Whoopie Goldberg said this morning, "It's all about moderation. Eat things in moderation."

So if you are struggling to lose weight, eat those things that will help you lose weight, and eat those things that are questionable in moderation.


As I step off my soapbox tonight I want to wish you all a beautiful evening. Never go to bed mad. Tell that person closest to you that you love them. Cherish family and friends. Too soon they may be taken from you, and there can be no do-overs.


Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment