Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Week Fifteen - Day Three: Struggles & Difficulties...

Yes, the constant struggle has been ongoing. I have been frustrated by the fact that I start the day off great, and then stumble before the sun sets.


So now, as the picture suggests, I will make it part of the dance!

I have danced my way thru some of the information I have gleaned over the past month and came upon information that I had forgotten about.

KETOGENICS!!!

What is a Ketogenic diet? "A Ketogenic Diet is any diet that causes ketones to be produced by the liver, shifting the body's metabolism away from glucose towards fat utilization." Basically what happens is, if the body doesn't have any glucose (i.e. carbs) to burn, it will draw on the available fat and use it instead. This leads to a much faster weight loss.

This is how a ketogenic diet should look:


You can also have a few fruits, but they absolutely must be kept to a minimum!

I got a great e-book from Amazon called The Super Keto Diet. It gives more insight and great recipes. I also found a keto grocery list and copied it to my inkpad app so I always have it on my Galaxy.

Here is a brief synopsis called Keto In a Nutshell that will explain everything.

"Do I need to count calories?" you may ask.


The answer is no, you don't, and I never have. But you can. There is a plan (and book) called The Fat Fast, where you (a) restrict your calories to 1,000 a day and (b) 90% of those calories come from fat. The late Dr. Atkins suggests using this when you have reached a plateau and need to break thru and get on with your weight loss.


I'm not trying to break thru a plateau, I'm just trying to get back on track!

TOMORROW IS MAY 1st.


IT IS A DAY TO CELEBRATE UNION SOLIDARITY!

IT IS MAY DAY - A DAY TO CELEBRATE SPRING!

IT IS A DAY FOR NEW BEGINNINGS FOR ME!

I have my keto shopping list in hand, my recipes, and light at the end of the tunnel as this plan is only a 7 day starter to really jump start my system.

I will let you know how I did with my weight loss on May 8th, as that is when the next doctor's appointment is. I had wanted to lose 12 more pounds by May 1st, so I am hoping it will be even better than that!

And now I leave you with this thought:

( I hope it made you giggle! )

Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment