Friday, April 25, 2014

Week Fourteen - Day What? It's been an "off" kind of... Day? Week? Month!


Where has April gone? It's hard to believe that it's been one month and 6 days since my world was turned upside down.


I have had one bad day after another with nothing agreeing with me. Nothing, as in food. My stomach has been in knots. It must be the stress.


Finally I think I have turned the corner. My stomach is settling and food is starting to agree with me once again. Additionally, Easter is over and I can get back on track.

Farewell until next year!
The only remnant I have left of Easter are the colored eggs still in my refrigerator. That is an okay thing because I can use them for egg salad or deviled eggs. Both of these things I can eat and not feel bad about.


And now that I'm getting back on track, how did I do today? Not bad, I have to say. For breakfast I had chicken strips dipped in ranch dressing; lunch was 3 strips of bacon; dinner was Eggs Mexicana.


I still have to go grocery shopping because I haven't really stocked my pantry in a long time. One of the things I plan on making (and have plenty of leftovers) is Spunky, Chunky, No-Bean Chili. In the #recipe they serve it with Almond Flour Biscuits which she fries up like fritters. This is a meal I am looking forward to!


It's a rainy, blustery day and I have been hiding out inside just enjoying the weather. I love it when it's windy and rainy. Don't you? This is probably the first day no one has called or come by to see me. I am reveling in the peace and quiet; catching up on all my DVR'd programs; and snuggling on the couch with Maddie.


Yes, I am ready for the weekend. Captain and I are going winetasting tomorrow; Sunday is the Highland Games. He told me he would get a utili-kilt and I certainly hope so. He looks sexy in a kilt. Any kilt!



And finally, after all of that, along came the cravings!!! Really? I'm so disappointed!


I hate when that happens. But I had things that got me thru it. A handful of peanuts and a couple of hot dogs that I steamed and then crisped up in the pan. Thank goodness for circus food snacks that don't have any carbs!

No, I did not have a bun with my hot dog; nor did I eat any popcorn.
But I was all over the hot dogs and peanuts!

And now it is good to be back. Back to blogging; back on my plan. I have missed you! Thanks for being patient with me while I've gone thru this major change in my life. Have a beautiful night and I will see you tomorrow!



Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment