Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Week Twelve - Day Two: Struggling to Get Back in the Saddle!

Yep, trying to get back in the saddle again is no easy task.


Tuesday's meals were rather sporadic. I was awakened at 7:15 a.m. by a frantic phone call from dad saying mom was really sick and she couldn't wait to see the doctor. I got up, got dressed, ate a quick bite of something (I really don't know what, I just knew that I needed to eat something so I could take my meds), and then made an appointment for her. Diagnosis? Pneumonia in her right lung. The doctor ordered a chest x-ray.


It was almost lunch time so we picked up dad and headed into town. As we were all hungry, and mom had to take her new meds with food, we went to Jimboy's Tacos. It was Taco Tuesday!


I had two tacos. Nothing wrong with the filling, but I did eat the tortillas, also. That was 22 net carbs that I should not have eaten. Unfortunately meals at that point were not really in my control.


We got the chest x-ray and then I took them home. Back at my house I did a few chores and waited for Captain. If it's Tuesday it must be Pint Night at The Happy Viking!


Our friends, Tom and Susan, joined us, which was a surprise because I thought they were still out of town. As this meal was within my control I ordered my Bloody Mary...


...some calimari...


 ...and bbq wings. That was the extent of it.

The rest of my night was rather quiet. No snacking, just silly TV. Now on to tomorrow. My life is slowly getting back to normal - well, as normal as it will be for the time being - and I am getting back on track. I feel good about it!



I hope your day was delightful. Thanks for hanging with me!

Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment