Friday, August 22, 2014

Week Thirty-Four - Thursday I Waivered - Just a Bit...



I gave myself a waiver for Thursday. Why? Because my friend Susan, who had been very sick and in the hospital and who was now getting better, was home and I promised her I would take her out to breakfast.


We went to the Sundowner Cafe! 

She told me they had great pancakes! Besides, we were going to go here before only my dad got sick, and then she got sick, so this was a do-over!

Pancakes, you say? Why yes. Yes, indeed! They are something between a crepe and a pancake. Imagine something that is half as thick as a regular pancake with the chewiness of a crepe. OMG... just amazing! I ate one and a half. Plus one egg and two slices of bacon.



I also made chocolate chip cookies for my grandkids. Yes, I did eat one. It is all about quality control! This #recipe is one of my favorites. Mine always have walnuts in them, for the kids not so much. Why they don't like walnuts is one of the great mysteries of life.  Oh well, their loss is my gain!

Yes, these are the real deal.
My cookies...
In all their glory...
What did I eat the rest of the day? A peach and bacon. Not at the same time...

If I had fresh basil I might have eaten it like this!
I love sweet & savory.
My afternoon and evening were spent being a couch potato.


I feel like I have been running and running and doing and doing and not getting any "me time." I like alone time. It's what I'm used to. I even spent most of my married life alone as my husband traveled a lot.

How much is "a lot?"
He traveled about 9 months out of the year.
That is a lot.

Almost every day mom calls before 9 a.m. and wants to know what my plans are for the day. Today was no different. I said "no" to her plans but did tell her we would get together on Monday as I also have plans for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

So THAT is how my Thursday went. Here's looking forward to a great Friday and ensuing weekend.

Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment