Monday, August 18, 2014

Week Thirty-Four - Let the week begin!

Once again I have strayed from blogging. Sorry!


I feel bloated, I am itchy, and I am frustrated. My intentions are good, but gosh... trying to get back on track is tough!


So since it's Monday I decided to see if Mom wanted to go swimming. Surprisingly (no, not really - I'm being sarcastic) she said yes!

We avoided the class, which is really just a social gathering taking up space in the pool because the ladies don't really exercise. I chatted with a couple of ladies who were there doing their own thing. They gave me pointers on exercises; one exercises the knees, one strengthens the core, and I walk laps in the pool. Did you know 65 laps equals one mile? Gosh, wonder how long it's going to take me to get there?


I was rather pleased with myself today when it came to eating, also.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs and cheese.  Tastiness ensues!


Lunch was two hot dogs with chili and beans. No bun, though. Too many carbs!


Next time I will add more cheese and bacon. Why? Because it satisfies me.

Snacks were olives and some celery with  ranch dressing. Love the crunchiness as it makes me feel like I'm eating a lot! LOL!!!


And dinner was...


...a chopped caprese salad. Heirloom tomato, fresh mozzarella, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and a few spices. Ah-maz-ing...

Now I am home relaxing. My knees ache from both the exercising as well as a trip to the grocery store. Walking on that much concrete really kills me, as does just standing in one spot. And I stood for probably 20 minutes when I ran into my friends Mike & Tanna because we spent time catching up on life and gabbing like school kids.


After all is said and done it's been a good day. I still want to lose the 10 lbs before Cape Cod, but I don''t think that's going to happen because we are leaving in 11 days.


I see the doctor on the 28th so I will let you know how I did. I do know that I haven't gained any since I've strayed. That puts a smile on my face. :)

Wishing you all a blessed good night. See you tomorrow!

Lin


No comments:

Post a Comment