Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015 and Starting Over at Square One...






Yep, I'm starting all over again. I managed to gain back the 25 lbs I lost. Why? Stress eating, for one. Also I have not been in the best of health. I was diagnosed with RLS, Restless Leg Syndrome, and it has been kind of debilitating. I wasn't sleeping due to leg cramps and tendons clinching in my toes, and my knees, in spite of the steroid injections, still hurt a lot.


I went to my doctor on Christmas eve and had a meltdown in his office. I explained everything that was going on. He had given me medication once before for the RLS and it didn't work. This time he put me on Requip, which is for people who have Parkinson's Disease, but also RLS. It worked!



I was already determined to get thru the holidays and get back to low carb. This has helped a lot.





So this is my do-over. And how did my Monday go?

As I hadn't gone shopping since my return my my niece's wedding in Santa Barbara, my pantry is pretty sparse.  Breakfast was simply bacon - 4 slices to be exact. No lunch. Dinner was 2 hot dogs, but not just any hot dogs. I found Park's Finest, made by Ball Park, and they are fabulous!





Getting the urge to snack that evening, I made myself 6 cheese crisps.  Each one had 1 tbsp of cheddar cheese and 1/2 tsp of parmesan. Make little piles and bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

Yes, I know this is a picture of 9, but I only made 6. And yes, these bad boys got me thru the rest of the night.

I am also trying to drink more water. To help me to that end I found an app called WaterLog. It helps you keep track of how much water you are drinking throughout the day and resets to zero at midnight. I didn't realize how little water I was drinking.


I will not be blogging everyday, but I will be sharing with you at least weekly, letting you know how I did.

Thanks for hanging with me. It is more appreciated than you know.

Love,
~Lin...


No comments:

Post a Comment