Sunday, January 25, 2015

2015 Week Three

Monday, January 19, 2014

A new week has started and I so appreciate this man's message of peace.

I am off to a great start.

Simple breakfast of charcuterie. Walking on my treadmill. Dull and uneventful, isn't it?  I did go to Kohl's and bought a belt. Why is it that women's pants no longer fit at the waist? I need something to snug them in so they don't slide down my hips. Then to the grocery store where they had bacon, 2 lbs. for $5 and avocados, 5 for $5! And beautiful brussels sprouts! I cannot wait to make roasted brussels sprouts with garlic aioli!

How yummy do they look?

Dad made chili for dinner tonight. From scratch. Easy on the beans for a more low carb option for me. I am most appreciative. Snacks were a handful of nuts.

And in the middle of everything I got a phone call from the temp agency. I may have a 6 week job! I should know more tomorrow. :)

All in all it has been a day of peace and quiet, for which I am most grateful. Tomorrow is Tuesday. Tomorrow is Pint Night. Tomorrow will be a another story.


Let's do these two days together, shall we?

Tuesday started off just fine. Breakfast was bacon and avocado. Yum! And of course I walked on my treadmill, too. No lunch because I'm trying to keep it to 2 meals a day.

Captain and I decided to not meet at Happy Viking (I am so over Pint Night, and he's getting there!) so we met at Logan's Roadhouse for dinner. I ordered their wings because the don't bread them before coating them. They were delicious! Wings, celery and blue cheese dressing. MMMmmm...

Then it hit. I was having a bad food night. Let's just say I barely made it home.

Wednesday wasn't much better. Nothing I ate agreed with me. I settled for chicken with a dumpling that my daughter-on-law made. Not low carb, but easy on my stomach. Sure do hope tomorrow is better.

Thursday has been a good day. I made those Brussels sprouts that I've been talking about. They were pretty darn good. Two things, though. I used olive oil to roast them in, as it adds a great flavor; and I would use roasted garlic to make the aioli instead of raw. I will make them again, for sure! I had them for breakfast, along with bacon. Strange, I know. But the nice thing about living alone is you don't have to worry about being conventional with your meals!

I also made those Chile Jack bites. Coconut flour has a flavor that is completely different but tasty. You definitely need to use a mini-muffin pan. I used a chicken-jalapeno sausage and it tasted good. With a regular muffin pan it made 8. I ate 6.

I have been walking on my treadmill and I'm up to 4 minutes now. I do it several times a day. Haven't been doing the exercises because I'm trying to focus on where I need the help the most. So for me it is building up the strength in my legs. I need to be able to walk again! And when I say walk, I'm talking distance, not just around the house.

There you have a brief synopsis of my day. I am surprised at the lack of cravings I am having. Rather enjoyable, I must say. I am not feeling deprived in the least.

Friday started off taking my mom to her eye doctor appointment. She has Macular Degeneration and she goes in every 6 months for a check-up. Good news is, there is no bleeding or fluid; bad news is, her vision is getting worse, just not from the MD. 

When I came home I was hungry, to say the least, since I had not eaten breakfast. I knew I had some ham and some cabbage that I needed to do something with. So I diced the ham, mixed it into the cabbage, and fried them together in a bit of olive oil.  It made one nice, big bowl full.

It kind of looked like this:

I did some walking on my treadmill, went over to Yuba College to see my girlfriend and meet some of the people in Fiscal Services. Hoping they will ask me to come work part time for them!

As the evening wore on I was not feeling too well. I was just chilled and tired. Then I started having a pity party.

I was feeling sorry for myself for having to always watch what I eat. I feel like I've been on a perpetual diet my entire life. I mean, when you're 9 years old and weigh 100 lbs, you've definitely got issues.

I grabbed my guacamole (very low carb) and my box of Cheez-Its and feasted. Well, not really feasted. I probably only had maybe 1/2 cup of those little bad boy crackers. But I should not have; because then I felt really, really bad.

Then I went to bed... early...

Got up at my usual time, made my coffee, then weighed myself. I was hoping for a few pounds down. WTH??? 

I tried so hard, and I'm really bummed out. I don't feel like I'm retaining water, but maybe I am. Maybe I need to reevaluate what I'm eating and stick a little more closely to the ketogenic food list (on No Bun Please) than I think I have been. Or the Atkins Phase 1 Induction food list.

Tomorrow is another day.

But in the meantime, this is what I ate today:

2 cups of coffee with half-n-half and splenda
3 slices bacon

2 eggs scrambled w/1 oz shredded cheese

A couple of bites of pasta

I forgot that tonight was the crab feed. Oh well, it only happens once a year.

Tomorrow is a whole new day to begin anew.

2 cups of coffee with half-n-half and splenda
3 slices bacon

1/2 cup nuts
Cauliflower with ranch dressing

Pot roast
Jicama/Carrot salad
Cooked carrots with butter

That was what I ate today. Pretty good, if I do say so myself! Trying to get more veggies in my diet.

It was a lazy day. I just relaxed and enjoyed all the TV shows I had recorded. DVR down to 10% full! I did take out the trash and load the dishwasher, but that was the extent of it.

About 1 pm I got a text message from Dad.

Dad: "Yeah, Linda? What are you doing?"

Me: "Nothing. What's up?"

Dad:  "Well, it's our 28th wedding anniversary and I made pot roast and wanted to know if you wanted to come join us for dinner?"

Me: "I would love to!"

He bought her roses!

I think they love each other.

It was a lovely way to end my week.


No comments:

Post a Comment