Monday, June 2, 2014

Week Twenty - A New Week, A New Way!


I hope you've had a wonderful five days since we visited last! I have not been blogging the last few days because I have decided that I will start sharing differently.  I'm sure you don't want to hear about all the dull events of my everyday life, so on Sundays I will write about my week and all that has transpired.

I checked with Snopes.
They say this is both true and false!
LOL!!!
I had previously mentioned that I was going back to the orthopedic doctor last Thursday. You know, this is the doctor that scolded me for eating low carb and told me to load up on nuts, veggies (both of which I do) and fruit (which I drastically limit). When the nurse weighed me in this week, she was pleased that I lost 2 pounds! No, I did not do it by pooping. Hahaha! But I also did not mention that I had done it on low carb because I just don't want to hear it. Some doctors are set in their ways. He is one. I am firmly of the belief that everyone's metabolism is different, and what works for one person does not necessarily work for another.


Yes indeed, eating makes me happy. I have always been a meat eater. Even as a little girl I was all about eating the steak at the bbq and not the burgers. I also love bacon, sausage, ham, hot dogs, fried chicken, fish, seafood, salads, and as I've gotten older I have fallen in love with more veggies. I also love my eggs basted in bacon grease and over medium so I can dunk my bacon in them.


All of those things are legal on low carb! That's why eating, especially low carb, makes me so happy!

It has also been a journey of learning more about low carb than I did before. For instance, when low carbing first came to light via Dr. Atkins in the early '70s, you counted all the carbs. I have since learned about net carbs, which are the total carbs less any fiber carbs. Your body does not use fiber for energy like it does other carbs. 


For instance, 1/4 cup of golden flax flour has 8 grams of carbs, 8 grams of which are fiber. So golden flax flour has zero net carbs. Basically it's a free food. Now granted, it's not something that you sit down and eat, but it is used for coatings and low carb breads and such.

Now, let's talk about recipes, shall we? 

This week I found a #recipe for Vanilla Fat Bombs. Oh my heavens! It's like eating vanilla cheesecake mousse and there is no need for crust. Only 4 ingredients, too! Doesn't it look delicious?


I cannot tell you how satisfying these are! The recipe only makes about 3 servings, or 6 very small servings. I chose to do 3 servings, and each serving is only 4.25 net carbs. This is my dessert in the evening when I want something comforting!



I also used to think that I needed to lose 5 lbs a week. I've moved on from that notion. I am happy to eat what I want when I can and experience a steady weight loss. 



I have lost 21 lbs in 20 weeks. If you think about it, in a year's time one can lose 52 pounds at the "1 lb a week" goal. If I want to lose faster I will get more aggressive about low carbing! 



It is now a new day and a new week. If something really, really exciting happens throughout the week I will be sure and let you know. Otherwise I will update you on Sunday. If you want to hear more about my week, please feel free to let me know via email. I can always change, you know!


For a quick recap: I will only be blogging weekly, I have lost 21 lbs in 20 weeks, and I am happy with my low carb lifestyle. It's taken me 62 years to get here. I don't know how many more years I have left, but I want to make it the best and healthiest I can. 

Have a beautiful week! I will be back next Sunday!

Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment