Monday, June 9, 2014

Week Twenty-Two - Refocused with Goals!

After waivering a lot this last weekend it is time to get focused once again. Blogging daily helps me stay focused, so I am back to the daily grind, as boring as my life is.

It's Monday, the start of a new week. I've been so busy helping take my parents to all their appointments that I haven't had a chance to really try any new recipes, even though I have a bunch I would love to try. So my breakfast was the ever present hot dogs. I am pathetic that way, aren't I?


I had to take the parents on lots of errands this morning - VA, Big 5 Sporting Goods, Target, Butchie's Pool - and then I realized it was almost 1:30 in the afternoon. I was hungry!


So I told them that I wanted to go to Sizzler for their salad bar, and did they want to go or should I take them home? They decided to go; and needless to say, they were both hungrier than they realized.

Mom and I had the salad bar, dad had the fish n chips. I had a huge salad with carrots, cabbage, beets, peppers and spinach with blue cheese dressing; their seafood salad (I wish I knew what their seasonings are in it because it's yummy!); and chicken wings. I also had a couple bites of their broccoli cheddar soup. I was stuffed when I got done. Parents loved their food, too. It was a success, to say the least.


After dropping them off I ran my own errands - pet food and yarn for a baby blanket. I love to crochet. I knew I would not be hungry for dinner tonight, but I did want something to crunch on. I am glad I had celery and peanut butter on hand. It's a life saver! It's a winning combination! It's a match made in heaven! OK, maybe I went a little overboard. But it does assuage the need to eat something, and that is what is important.


It's bedtime, and I'm happy to say it's been a winning day for me. One day closer to Cape Cod; one day closer to losing the next 20 lbs. I hope you had a winning day, as well.

Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment