Friday, January 31, 2014

Week One - Day Five


Yep, that's my story!

They say confession is good for the soul, so I must confess. After I posted my blog last night I did eat more.  I had a handful of pistachios and a spoon of peanut butter.  Just a bit of protein.  I was in a snacky mood.

Day 5 is here.  I'm not to worried about it as I don't have anything on my agenda. Saturday and Sunday are different issues: a retirement party Saturday complete with Captain's vanilla malted Bailey's homemade ice cream (adults only!); and Sunday it's a combo birthday/Super Bowl party. Heaven help me!!! But for now I will concentrate on today.  I'm taking it one day at a time.

Breakfast started off with my usual coffee.  I didn't have much of an appetite so I eventually made some cheese crisps.  After talking to my BFF Peggy I decided to shower, dress and run errands.  Flu shot, meat market, grocery store and home to cook.

Well, I got to CVS and filled out all the paperwork to get my flu shot.  They were out. So I went across the street to Walgreens.  Fifteen minutes later I was walking out, flu shot completed.  Off to the meat market I go and got some hamburger (I am envisioning tacos made in those little cheese crisp tortillas) and stew meat.  Over to the grocery store to get things to make the Deen Bros 3+ Bean Salad, jalapeno poppers (not sure whose recipe I will be trying), and various and sundry other things.

Arriving home I put groceries away and set about making that bean salad. I slightly changed the salad by adding chunks of salami and using green onions instead of red onion.  It is very tasty. I put it aside to meld the flavors.  Can't wait for dinner!

As the day has worn on I am feeling worse and worse.  I think I'm having a reaction to the flu shot.  Ugh... I have too many things to do. :(  So this day for me has come to an end.  I haven't eaten anything else, nor do I feel like eating anything.  I'm tired and going to bed. Good night.

~Lin...










No comments:

Post a Comment