Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Week One - Day Three

Good morning! Well, morning for only 4 more minutes.  I am lazy this morning and only on my first cup of coffee.  I'm surprised I don't miss the sugar in the coffee. Chalk one up for me! I haven't eaten anything yet, but getting ready to trundle off to the kitchen.  I will continue checking in throughout the day to let you know how I'm doing and what I've been up to.

So my brunch ended up being ham, cream cheese and dill pickle rollups.  I had these at my brother's Christmas party and they are very addicting.  Just take a slice of ham, smear it with cream cheese, lay your little dill pickle(s) down (enough to fit across the ham), roll and slice.  How do they look? Delicious? Why yes; yes they are!




I ate everyone of those bad boys.  If you wanted to get fancy, and if you have toothpicks (I didn't), you could have included an olive on top.  Oh, are they satisfying!!! 

My dinner tonight consisted of Ugly Green Beans and Chinese Cabbage Salad.  I slightly modified both recipes.  For the green beans my marinade was all olive oil and I added lemon pepper.  The dressing for the salad was made with Splenda instead of sugar, and since I didn't have rice wine vinegar I used apple cider vinegar.  Plus I used the peanut butter/oil combination instead of just peanut oil because I didn't have that either. The topping was only the almonds, no ramen noodles here.  Oh, well, it was all fabulous, and I didn't really feel like I was "dieting" because I was eating so many new, yummy flavors.  Maybe it's because I finished my night with a 5 oz glass of Dancing Grape!

So, to recap:



The Roll-Ups!


The Ugly Green Beans!


The Chinese Cabbage Salad with that amazing modified dressing!


Dancing Grape!
Slainte!


Mood? Content!

All in all it has been a successful day.  Here is to many more.  Not all will be as easy as this, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.  

Have a lovely night! 


No comments:

Post a Comment