Monday, January 27, 2014

Week One - Day One

Well, today I started my new lifestyle.  I am on a low carb regime.  I have found a couple of great websites that are very useful.  One is called "No Buns Please!"  The other is called "Heart of the Country Home." They are both great resources for encouragement and low carb recipes.  Of course in my googling sites I still come across amazing things that I would love to eat, like Sinful Triple Chocolate Poke Cake, but I will wait a while before making it.  


My reward when I reach my first goal. What that goal is yet, I have not determined. Any ideas? (Does it not look glorious?)

So today is the first day and I have had to just pick from what I had in the house.  For breakfast I have started having my coffee with only cream or half n half and no sugar.  I was using splenda and/or truvia, but neither one are really good for you. So I just quit using them all together. I also had a sausage patty with a bunch of cheese melted on top.  It was delicious.  For lunch I had a salad with LOTS of cabbage (which I dearly love) and some lettuce and olives, coated in my homemade Italian dressing I made the other day. Very filling. Not sure what I will have for dinner.  Possibly a cheese and bacon omelet.  

And just so you know, it has been very, very difficult for me to not go into the kitchen and make a big ol' bowl of buttered popcorn or eat that box of Triscuits that is calling my name.  

Tomorrow I will be going to the grocery store.  I plan to make a scaled down version of Pioneer Woman's Lazy Chili Rellenos. Don't they look amazing?


I have also been walking around the house more, instead of just sitting on the couch.  I try to do something during the commercial breaks before parking my butt back on the couch. I would love to be able to say I can get out and walk and walk and walk, but for now I'm just not able to.  I took a really bad fall last summer and it has impacted more than I realized when it happened.

So those are my thoughts for the day. Stay tuned for my further adventures. 

Love, 

~Lin~



No comments:

Post a Comment