Sunday, January 26, 2014

It's a constant struggle!

Well, while working and before retirement May 1, 2012, I had lost 70 lbs.  Since retirement I have gained 20 lbs.  I really do need to get back on track.

For those of you who don't know, I had gastric bypass January 1999. Although I had non-life threatening issues afterwards, I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

All my life I have struggled with my weight. The first time I realized how much I weighed I was 9 years old and weighed 100 lbs.  Bear in mind, I am short - all of 5'1". Whoa!!! I have tried all the diets. What works best for me is Atkins.  But even with Atkins it's still a struggle because I have such a slow metabolism and my brain constantly thinks I'm starving. Therefore it wants to take everything I eat and store it as body fat. Ugh!!!

So here I am writing about my struggles and sharing with you - well, if there are any out there that are reading this.  My goal is to reach 150 lbs.  I will check in with you periodically and let you know how my progress is going.  For now, this is where I am.

Today is Sunday.  Starting this week I will work on controlling my lifestyle so I can reach my goal and make it to Ireland. I want to travel and enjoy myself. I don't want to live on pain medication the rest of my life because of my arthritic knees.  Think good thoughts for me. You can follow my progress on my widget.

Thanks for stopping by!  Love y'all!

~Lin...


No comments:

Post a Comment