Friday, April 15, 2011

Hugs and kisses...

Wednesday I took Jon, Cheryl, Erin and Evan out to dinner. We had Chinese at their favorite restaurant - Little City. I pulled into the parking lot; they were not there yet, so I just waited in the car. Less than 5 minutes later they arrived.

The car door flew open, Erin came running out yelling, "Nanny!" and ran into my arms, even before I had a chance to get out of the car. Hugs and kisses ensued, then we got out of the car.


Evan shuffled out of the car holding a kleenex and declared, "I'm sick, Nanny. I'm not going to kiss you."  Imagine that! A 4 year old that was worried about sharing germs! But he did hug my leg - sort of.

Yesterday on my way home from work I was going to go to Evan's baseball game. Got a call from mommy to say he still wasn't feeling good and was not going to play. So I made a detour and went to their house.

Again, Erin came running over with hugs and kisses.  Evan walked up behind and said, "I'm still sick." I said, "Can Nanny have kisses anyway?"  He got a big grin on this face, nodded yes, and gave me the biggest hug and kisses ever! Sweet!


Cheryl made stuffed bell peppers for dinner. They were delicious.  We visited for a while, sampled the macadamia nuts, and pretty soon it was bath time.  Tell Nanny good-bye and give her kisses! 

Nanny ended the night with boogers on her blouse. I am not complaining in the least!

2 comments:

  1. I miss niece and nephew kisses and boogers too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you are coming soon for a visit, right???

    ReplyDelete