Sunday, February 20, 2011

I wanna talk about me...

So while thinking about what I could possibly blog about this morning, I thought about Toby Keith singing "I Wanna Talk About Me!" Well, here goes...

These past two months have brought revelations about myself.  After being unceremoniously dumped and completely heartbroken and confused, I decided it was time to take care of myself.  Therefore I have done the following:

1. I have changed my eating habits and started losing weight - again. This is an ongoing battle in my life and at one point I lost almost 200 lbs. Unfortunately depression and antidepressants put some of the weight back on. Enough is enough! It is now coming off again!  I will see the doctor on March 1st and let you know how my progress is. Suffice it to say I want to lose at least 30 lbs before I go to Hawaii March 27th.

2. As previously stated, I see the doctor on March 1st. Time to get myself checked out. Haven't seen the doctor in almost 3 years. Not good. Is my bleeding ulcer under control? Am I still anemic? How is my blood pressure and cholesterol?  How much weight have I lost since I last saw the doctor? I will let you know the answer in upcoming blogs.

3. I am getting my taxes done tomorrow.  I have no doubt the IRS owes me because I worked for poverty wages the past couple of years.

4. I am going to the Social Security Office and making arrangements to apply for Paul's social security. I need to bring with me my tax papers (check), a certified copy of the divorce decree (check), a certified copy of the death certificate (check), my birth certificate (check), and my ID (check).

5. I am slowly making plans for retirement.  A passport is on the horizon as I have been invited to go to Italy and partake in true Cafe Verona (thank you very much, Amanda), and not just the pretend Starbucks. I also want to visit Scotland, Ireland, Wales and most especially Australia.

6. I have started walking to get some exercise and fresh air as I have been way too sedentary for way too long. Eventually I will sign up with Curves to get toned.

7. I have signed up on another dating website - yes, again - and am hoping to meet someone who wants to have a great friendship. Not looking to get laid, not looking to get married, I just really want someone to do things with. But if all those things happen, that will be OK, too!

8. I am going to love myself more.  Well, I already love myself a lot, but I will work on being kinder to myself and not beat myself up over things that are out of my control.

So these are my current plans for the future. Nothing is set in stone, plans change, life changes. But for now it is what it is. I hope you will join me on this part of my journey through life.

Lin...

No comments:

Post a Comment