Friday, May 2, 2014

Week Fifteen - Day Five: Fat Fast, Day Two


This morning I had a board planning meeting that started at 8:30 a.m. ~ugh~ So I got up at 6:00 a.m., which was so very hard for me to do!

I took my meds and realized I needed to eat something so I could take my other meds. And what was I going to eat today, since they were providing us lunch? 6 a.m. and I'm stressing about food already. Really? Yes, really.


Well, I looked around the kitchen to find things that were going to be easy. I already had my cup of coffee made, so that was not an issue. But I don't usually eat breakfast that early.

Rifling thru the kitchen I grabbed a handful of olives, some peanuts and rotisserie chicken. Yum!!! I know, a very eclectic combination of food, but it had to have protein and fat, and that's exactly what it was.


Coffee cups in hand (one coffee cup and one travel mug; I needed to be prepared for the day!) off I go to the Peach Tree Board Planning Session. And sure enough, just as I expected, I knew I would be in trouble food-wise.


Breakfast pastries, scones, muffins and breads! Yes, they had it all. I glanced at it and kept on walking. I wanted one of the blueberry scones so bad! And you know how much I love blueberry scones.

In fact, this is my favorite #recipe.  Don't they look fabulous?


I digress. Sorry.

I stayed in the meeting this morning so I would not be tempted. It's okay because the meeting was quite interesting. We reviewed last year's goals, our mission statement, and what we wanted to see happen this year.

And then...


I was apprehensive because I didn't know what they were serving. They had sandwiches and brownies, but they also had a beautiful green salad with different greens, almonds, cucumbers, and a luscious dill ranch dressing. Oh yeah, this girl got lucky! I had two big plates and was full and satisfied. 

WHEW!
DODGED THAT BULLET!

Then I came home... I didn't have a lot to do, so I wanted to snack. Fortunately those olives and peanuts were still around. As was the chicken. And then I had some bacon. That was my early dinner.

Can we take a duck walk here for a moment?


How many of you play on Pinterest? OMG can it ever suck you in! I was checking my emails and came across a cake recipe that I thought I would want to make for a future family get-together. It was a simple #recipe called Peaches & Cream Bundt Cake.  Isn't it beautiful?


Twenty-one recipes later - yes, 21 recipes later - I decided I needed to walk away from Pinterest because I was wanting to bake cakes that I had no business eating, and I was hungry again!

I peeked in the fridge and found some shredded cheese. What can one do with shredded cheese?


MAKE FRIED CHEESE CRISPS!

Yummiest... snack... ever... Hey, it got me thru the night and I didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed to.

So I have my dvd (August - Osage County) and I'm going to bed now. I love laying in bed watching TV. Is that wrong? Doesn't matter. It makes me happy! 

HAPPY FACE!!



That is my day (a very successful day, I might add) in a nutshell. Thanks for hanging out with me!

Hope to see you tomorrow!

Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment